Ordeals of Adolescence: Part 3

Its march! Exam time is just rounding up and we are getting relieved. But what about our parents? Are they getting relieved or are they experiencing sleepless nights, worried sick about our results? Are they preparing themselves to all the questions that the "society" will ask them about us? But lets face it they are our parents and of course they wish the best for us (even though sometimes we are angry at this fact). But this wish gets contaminated by the fact "we have to answer to the society". many times they overdo. Many times they infuriate us. And we being the typical Indian teenagers don't communicate. So today on behalf of all the teens out there, here's a
LETTER TO THE PARENTS;



Dear mom/dad,


        I wish you are happy if not content with the way your life turned out. and  hope we are turning out as you wished us to be. And if not, I am sure there must have been some miscommunication on the way. You see, I am at this moment like a volcano filled with so many feelings- some of which even I cant grasp yet. I am happy,sad,angry,desperate,teary,hysterical all at the same time. Its hard to keep up with myself! What I need from you is some time and patience because right now even I am not in control of myself. but first lets clear out some points:


1) Study issues- maybe I am good at studies, maybe I am not. but there is something I am good at. And I want you to appreciate that talent of mine. Whatever it maybe. I may not be like the sharma uncle's son or menon's girl but neither are they like me. I hate this competition and believe me it no way helps me succeed.And trust me when I tell you this:I'll still be assumed working if I am not an engineer or doctor.


2) The "society" crunch- frankly I don't give a dime to what the society says. I am whatever I am because of me and you both, not those people. And those people are going to say shit whatever we do. That's what makes them tick. So please stop using the "what will society say" gun on us. Sorry but it ain't working.


3) The adulteration: I know I've made many any mistakes and I am yet to make lots but what you don't get is these are what will make me make the right decisions later. Yes I'll get in bad company, Do alcohol,sex and many things you perceive wrong and after that we need your scoldings but also your belief in us. Don't think we don't know anything or cant make life decisions just because we committed few mistakes. That had taught us more. Believe that we can make sight between right and wrong.


4) Technology and us: Mom, not one day passes when I don't hear you scream, 'is phone ko mai aag laga dungi' or 'jab se phone aaya h ye bigad gaye h'. Seriously, just because I am smiling at the phone doesn't mean I am hooked. And if phone could have gotten me a boyfriend or girlfriend I would have been the luckiest person on earth. Also fb,watsapp,twitter are not the end of the world. Just because I care about the no. of likes doesn't make me evil.its only a way of finding solace,virtually.


6) The unfair discrimination: No I am not only talking about the part that you seem to win every argument just because you are 'parents' and we always seem to answer back. But its the fact that sons are late for dinner if they are at home by 11 and daughters are late if they reach at 5. WHY?? simply why? I'll leave that to you to answer. let's move on..


7) Fighting: really parents, just stop it! I had had enough of it. I know people have difference of opinion but no need to tell the whole building about it. And it really does affect us. So next time try to be gentle and anyway keep it behind closed doors. We don't need to hear how whose mother trapped who.


8) Jealousy: I remember whenever I told my mom that the blah blah aunty was good or to dad that falana falana uncle did this, they had one response and one only, "jaa unhi k ghar reh k aaja"! calm down parents. We love you and you alone and that's never gonna change. We may say hurtful things to one another but that love is gonna stay there forever.and this is the only reason why I have written this letter to you, to make things better between us. To make you realise how I feel.


9) Story time! : I don't know if you keep track of it dad but seriously I remember your struggle like the back of my hand. Maybe even better. Just please tone down the "we didn't have all these facilities yet we achieved high. You are a disgrace after so much luxury". Please? We respect your struggle but its not our mistake if google was made in our generation.


   Lastly I only wanna say that whatever we achieve in life we'll always be thankful to you. You don't need to set reminders. We are grateful to you but also a little hesitant to show the love. Its weird but true.Just be friends to us and see how open we turn out. There's nothing we need better than to just sit down and talk with you guys, because however fake we are for the world, its you who know us completely.


thats all for this time guys. hope you enjoyed it. make peace with the world but also with the world that resides at your home. comments/feedback/suggestions are always invited. share if you liked it and want to enlighten the world!


~theChosenJoshi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAINTBALLING

I THINK THEREFORE YOU ARE

CATCH 22